Snort mailing list archives

Re: tcp flood

From: SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:25:10 -0800 (PST)

This is really a simple layer 3 issue that should be
dealt with at your perimeter, and not on IDS or even
firewall if it can be avoided.

You can rate-limit on just about any Cisco device
(including PiX) to limit DoS attacks, including TCP
SYN attacks, by using access-lists with rate-limit
commands. Look to your Internet routers to stop the
attacks.

Cheese!

Marc

Message: 1