Snort mailing list archives

RE: tcp flood

From: SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 06:50:35 -0800 (PST)

Well if you want to do it that way (again, I would
block at the perimeter) then you can use these
commands:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn -m limit --limit 1/s -j
ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn -j LOG --log-prefix
"SYN FLOOD "
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn -j DROP

Cheese!

Marc

--- Joaquin Grech <joaco () bocazas com> wrote:
I am looking at the iptables but I can't find a way
to block based on
throttle per ip, only for the whole type of
connection.