Snort mailing list archives

RE: Base vs. Acid

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:20:05 -0500

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 12:00, Turnquist,Wayne wrote:
is there a set of intructions on how to convert a running acid on windows 2000 to base on windows 2000

thanks
wt

Hi-

In the download for BASE is an UPGRADE document.  But to make it easy,
all you have to do is install BASE, run the upgrade SQL scripts which
will add a couple of tables to the database, modify the base_conf.php
file to reflect your setup and go.  It is that easy.  We on the project
team, tried very hard to enable people familiar with ACID to run BASE.
We have made very few modifications to the database and none prevent you
from continuing to run ACID if you chose. (of course, we would recommend
switching<grin>)

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions,

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net
The next step in IDS analysis!