Snort mailing list archives

Re: Base vs. Acid

From: Edin Dizdarevic <Edin.Dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:02:23 +0100

Esler, Joel - Contractor wrote:
If you have went through the trouble of installing and configuring Sguil, then there may be no need to use BASE or ACID. Not having
Sguil at my disposal right now though, I can't compare.

BASE is accessible from any computer regardless of Windows or *nix, without any additional installed software (because it is web based) And it's easy to set up. Probably the two biggest factors

This also applies to ACID, they're /almost/ the same. BASE came up on
ACID. I tried it a few minutes ago and the setup is really easy. Nothing
to modify - plug 'n' play, so to say...

Regards,
Edin

Joel