Snort mailing list archives

IIS lockdown for snort

From: Marvin Cummings <marvinc () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:36:04 -0500

Can someone clear up a question that deals with locking down IIS? I
have a w2k3 server I'm installing snort on that happens to be running
a test application. This application generates web reports based on
info obtained in its database. What affects do unchecking the "enable
anonymous access" option have on the applications' website and the web
reports it generates?
In the inheritance overrides window I can either select the
applications website or not select it. I need to be able to run snort
and access the web reports generated by this application. So should I
simply not select these sites in inheritance overrides?
Sorry if this comes across as a silly question.
Any responses are appreciated