Snort mailing list archives

Re: high count, long time in threshold

From: sekure <sekure () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:40:52 -0400

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:03:40 -0400, Marc Norton
<marc.norton () sourcefire com> wrote:

So unless a specific IP is generating 1500 syns in 60 seconds, this
threshold definition won't allow the rule to fire and be logged.

That was exactly my intention, and last night one host was making a
HUGE amount of connections to a server.  2000-3000 connections per
minute.  I can see it in the logs on the destination server, yet no
event got triggered.

There is no internal limit to the length of time or the number of
events to threshold, is there?