Snort mailing list archives

Re: -z option

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:25:08 -0400

Hi Joel,

I originally implemented the -z mode to get Snort to ignore stick/snot/etc attacks by only alerting on TCP events if the session had been established first. It's probably superfluous at this point since we have the flow keywords available for the rules language now. In fact, we'll probably pull it out after 2.2 goes out the door...

     -Marty