Snort mailing list archives

Re: Finding alerts taking up the most database space

From: sekure <sekure () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:41:05 -0400

Well you can do something like:
select count(signature) as num, signature
from event
group by signature
order by num desc
limit 10;

This should give you the top 10 alerts in the event table.  Keep in
mind though, that those may not necessarily be the ones that take up
the most disk space, since they may have a completely empty "data"
record associated with them.

Then you can look up the signature in the signature table.

Is this what you were looking for?