Snort mailing list archives

Finding alerts taking up the most database space

From: "McCash, John" <John.McCash () andrew com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:20:47 -0500

Hi,

               I currently am running snort and acid with mysql, and my
database size is getting up around 6G. The data table, data.MYD alone is
about 3.3G. As you may imagine, my db performance is lousy. Does anyone
have an easy way of determining which alerts are taking up the greatest
amount of db space, so that I can selectively prune those entries?

                              Thanks in advance

                                             John McCash

this email is prohibited.
[mf2]