Snort mailing list archives

Re: Applied Watch

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:00:32 -0400

I agree Frank. This form of advertisement is fully inappropriate in this forum. This list is not for blatant advertisement of commercial products. If it were for advertisement then companies like Sourcefire that actually develop Snort would do it all the time.

Here is an example of what a mail from the creators of Snort might look like.

I was hoping I might have a few moments of your time to tell you about the best enterprise monitoring and management system for the Snort IDS developed by the creators of Snort.

If you need an easy to deploy and manage enterprise monitoring and management solution for Snort why not get it from the people that actually develop it and know a little about how it works?

http://www.sourcefire.com

If you are looking for training you might want to get it from the same people that develop Snort and know a little about how it works.

Who better to teach you about Snort than the people that make it?

http://www.sourcefire.com/services/training.html

Some Sales Person
Some Position, Sales
Sourcefire, Inc.
Phone: 410.290.1616
sales () sourcefire com
http://www.sourcefire.com
http://www.snort.org

nuff advertising, thanks!

sherri.harper () appliedwatch com wrote:
Patrick,

I was hoping I might have a few moments of your time to tell you about a
new Enterprise monitoring and management system for the Snort IDS. You
can download and try it out at http://www.appliedwatch.com. We offer a
completely browser-less, OS-native SIM solution for open source security
software, such as Snort, Snort-Inline, and LaBrea Tarpit. Our agent
offers individuals the capability to deploy Snort in a matter of seconds
rather than hours. Perhaps if you have some free time, we can talk
further on the phone about our solution.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to your reply.

BRDS,

Sherri Harper
Vice President, Sales
Applied Watch Technologies, Inc.