Snort mailing list archives

Re: problems updating rules with oinkmaster

From: Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:48:52 +0200 (CEST)

Those timestamps only tell you when the tarball was created (which is
done automatically from cvs every x minutes or so). You should look
at the cvs Id tag in the files to find out when the content last changed.

The -current rules tarball was recently updated and I don't know why 2_1
was not, but a good thing with Snort is of course that you can and
should write your own signatures.

/Andreas