Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ok, Ok - I know - http_inspect

From: Chris Keladis <chris () cmc optus net au>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 09:28:26 +1000

At 06:42 AM 6/19/2004, SN ORT wrote:

Hi Marc,

Yes, but is that really gen_id 119? I mean you can
threshold the snort sigs but I don't know that you can
threshold inspect alerts! Anyone try to threshold
decode or inspect alerts? I don't know because I have
not looked at threshold too much, but I do know that
you have to specify a sig_id, which these particular
alerts do not have. Good luck sir!

Even the pre-processors have SIDs, as well as their GID number.

You can threshold (or suppress) specific SIDs generated by the pre-processors (GIDs) with no problem.

You can find the GID/SID matrix in the snort source in the file generators.h

More details about configuration of thresholding is in the Snort manual:

http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_manual/node18.html

Regards,

Chris.