Snort mailing list archives

RE: Not loggin to MySQL Database

From: "Harper, Patrick" <patrick.harper () phns com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:48:47 -0500

What are you running snort on?

What permissions did you give to the user you listed in the snort.conf
file to log to the database?  Is snort even started (on *nix ps -ef|grep
snort)?  Is mysql running?

Type snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf (or what ever the path to your
snort.conf is)  this will give you a little more to go on.

Since it has stopped logging to /var/log/snort dir I am betting you have
something wrong with the output line.  Check it out with the command
above (snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf) and see if it tells you that.