Snort mailing list archives

Forcing mudpit to use a special port for stunnel

From: "Maetzky, Steffen (Extern)" <Steffen.Maetzky () gedas de>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:30:36 +0200

Hi all,

I try to set up mudpit with stunnel but I ran into a problem which I can't
solve.

I'd like to use the following scheme:   (sensor)
3306--3307---(stunnel)---3307--3306 (database)

The problem seems to be that mudpit use a random(?) port instead of 3306
which is expected by stunnel.

I have tried to add port 3306 to the output line of mudpit but without
success.
I can't find the right option and mudpit failes to start.

Anyone out there who use mudpit with stunnel and can help me?

Does Redhat 9 have a general possibility to force an application to use a
special port?

Thanks in advance,

Steffen