Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-sigs] RE: Ignoring Win32 SNMP printer checks

From: Nerijus Krukauskas <nk99 () delfi lt>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:04:23 +0300

  Anyway, the rule now works as expected.

nnposter wrote:
Does it alert consistently on the captured packet when replayed?
Does it alert on the "good" sensor when replayed?

From: "Nerijus Krukauskas" <nk99 () delfi lt>

Yup. HOME_NET is defined with subnets, where both addresses (from the sample below) falls within. The strange thing is that another sensor in another segment is behaving like expected. Although the config between them differs only in sensor_name in db output. The trouble is caused just in one IP subnet. Seems like I have overlooked something very small, yet not so obvious... If I'm gonna find this, I will post the results.

nnposter () users sourceforge net wrote:

I do not see an obvious explanation. Have you also checked that the IP addresses fall the rule scope?

--
NK @ Vilnius
nk.tinkle.lt

It shall be unlawful for any suspicious person to be within the municipality. -- Local ordinance, Euclid Ohio