Snort mailing list archives

RE: Forcing mudpit to use a special port for stunne l

From: "McGuire, Dennis" <dmcguire () brierley com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 06:12:46 -0500

Never tried mudpit with stunnel; I rely on ssh port forwarding (i.e. posted
below) & mudpit enjoys itself.  Maybe that'll get you where you want.

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

[ -f /etc/mudpit.conf ] || exit 1

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting mudpit: "
        ssh -2 -N -f -L 3306:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3306 user () xxx xxx xxx xxx
        /usr/local/bin/mudpit
        echo
        ;;
  stop)
        echo -n "Stopping mudpit: "
        killproc mudpit
        kill -9 `pidof ssh`
        echo
        ;;
  restart)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        ;;
  status)
        status mudpit
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|status}"
        exit 1
esac

exit 0