Snort mailing list archives

Snort logging way too much

From: Ochronus <ochronus () all hu>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:25:59 +0100

Hi!

I have a hosted server with a fix IP address. I set $HOME_NET to this address, tried turning on and off promiscuous
mode, still snort logs many packets sent to foreing machines, even to ones hosted trivially at other subnets.

Given the above layout (single server, no LAN attached, fix ip), could you give me some hints on configuring the pig
for rule-based logging the packets sent only TO MY machine?

Thanks in advance,
Ochronus