Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort rules with OS info?

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:57:58 -0500

Hi Susan,

That info doesn't exist at this time, we'll be interested to watch your progress!

     -Marty

On Feb 13, 2004, at 4:47 PM, Susan Coulter wrote:

We're planning on merging our ip-OS information database with our snort infrastructure in order to remove false positives related to OS differences.  (i.e.  alerts that trigger on rules that are Windows specific, when that particular ip runs Linux, etc.) Has anyone else gone thru the snort ruleset and identified (if possible) the Operating System the rules applies to?  If so, is that information available for others?

If I cannot find an existing ruleset that contains OS - we'll go thru the tedious task of doing that, at which point we'll post the info for others.

--
Susan Coulter

--
Sourcefire: Intelligent Security Monitoring
roesch () sourcefire com - http://www.sourcefire.com