Snort mailing list archives

FATAL ERROR: database: mysql_error: Access denied for user: 'snor t@localhost' (Using password: YES)

From: dlambeth () starmountain com
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:08:52 -0600

I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem to no avail. Can
someone help me on this? I get this message when I try to run snort.

FATAL ERROR: database: mysql_error: Access denied for user:
'snort () ids remote starsatx com' (Using password: YES)

and

FATAL ERROR: database: mysql_error: Access denied for user:
'snort@localhost' (Using password: YES)

 My conf is as follows:

# Use one or more syslog facilities as arguments.  Win32 can also optionally
# specify a particular hostname/port.  Under Win32, the default hostname is
# '127.0.0.1', and the default port is 514. # # [Unix flavours should use
this format...] # output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT # # [Win32 can use
any of these formats...] output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT # output
alert_syslog: host=hostname, LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT # output alert_syslog:
host=hostname:port, LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT

# log_tcpdump: log packets in binary tcpdump format
# -------------------------------------------------
# The only argument is the output file name.
#
# output log_tcpdump: tcpdump.log

# database: log to a variety of databases
# ---------------------------------------
# See the README.database file for more information about configuring # and
using this plugin. # output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort
dbname=snort host=localhost # output database: alert, postgresql, user=snort
dbname=snort # output database: log, unixodbc, user=snort dbname=snort #
output database: log, mssql, dbname=snort user=snort password=test

Darwin L. Lambeth
Network Administrator
FPMI/Star Mountain
dlambeth () starmountain com