Snort mailing list archives

RE: SNORT and Linux 8.0

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 13:47:29 -0500

I'll agree that this kind of mistake is understandable from users (ie: Windows 97), and even a few inexperienced sysadmins, or experienced sysadmins just moving into the use of linux.

However, someone representing themselves as a senior consultant for a management company that offers "leading-edge technology integration" really shouldn't be making such extraordinarily obvious mistakes.

I admit I make mistakes, and we all do, but when I do something foolish I'm also willing to accept the fact that I just smashed an egg on my own face in public. (you can look in the list archives for the number of times I said "oops, my bad, I guess that's what I get for posting before I've had my coffee".)

I think that calling their client base and accusing the consultancy of stealing is a bit excessive.. but let's face it, this is a public forum, with public archives.. It's not like you'd be pointing out something they could not find out on their own.

Also, who knows, perhaps Mr. Karl is from their business-management or finance side of the house and posted here because none of the tech guys he works with are in. His post doesn't specify what kind of Sr. Consultant he is (although by using it on this list one could argue he's implying technical).

(I've done some trimming of fluff from the thread below)