Snort mailing list archives

RE: SNORT and Linux 8.0

From: "Shaffer, Paul D" <paul.d.shaffer () lmco com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 13:00:12 -0700

I normally just read and don't post much to this list, simply because I do not consider myself an "expert" in this
crowd.  Despite about three years of using Snort professionally, I have little offer here.  "Michael" is obviously
reading and posting to this list, as evidenced by his truly inane question.

So "clearly(?)" I would not offer benefit of the doubt in the higher level consultancy realm.  Do those types subscribe
to this list?  Even some techies find it annoyingly verbose at times (As am I - annoyingly verbose, that is).  My
conclusion was of the scarier type.  So...

If I'm right, hopefully now Michael has taken a step back, looked at some FAQs, read a doc or two and started off in
the right direction.  And if we are lucky, we'll be the better for it, list, clients and all.

I apologize for the original flame, but in my defense it "was" Monday morning with a full inbox...

How many drinks, Erek?