Snort mailing list archives

Question-using perl with snort-creating a user friendly interface

From: gautam nijhawan <tintinnijhawan () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:25:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I need some comments and tips from members fo this
forum.
I want to use perl regular expressions to filter data
frm SNORT logs, and
the result obtained from that filter....i want to
display it in a user
friendly fashion. Also the perl filters should be
triggered from this user
friendly interface.

1.I need tips/comments as to how the display of this
filtered data can be
achieved.Is it
   possible  to do it with perl?
2. Also how I can trigger the perl filters from this
user friendly
interface?

Looking forward for your replies.