Snort mailing list archives

Re: Error while compile snort with mysql version 4.0.17

From: Dirk Geschke <Dirk () geschke-online de>
Date: 15 Jan 2004 00:24:30 +0100

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I am now further back then before.
Here is what I did; maybe I misunderstood. Not sure what that flag was
suppose to do?

[root@laptop snort]# LDFLAGS="-lz" ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/src/mysql
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

is zlib installed? You need libz.a or libz.so.

Additionally take a look at configure.log. Jump to the end and
search backwards for "configure". One of the last configure
statements will describe the error and will give you a hint
what is going wrong.

Best regards

Dirk