Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problems with snort-2.1.0

From: Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:48:03 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Daniel J. Roelker wrote:

Any other suggestions that users want in 2.1.1 for http_inspect or
otherwise, please let us know.

Unfortunately I've not had a chance to play much with http_inspect yet so
forgive me if I'm lost here, but one thing seems a bit strange to me.

For clients that send multiple requets in the same tcp stream, two alerts
will be generated for the same request. First for the actual packet
containing the bad request and then for the rebuilt client stream which
obviously contains the same request again among other stuff.

Is this the expected behaviour?
(I have examples with packet dumps if needed)

/Andreas