Snort mailing list archives

Hey who use SWATCH!?? when there is an scan, i get too many mails on root () domain com

From: soldier Mx <soldi3rmx () yahoo com mx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:48:08 -0600 (CST)

yes...

when i scan my system or somebody does...
i  get like 15 mails of the scan..
and i just want ONE mail..

here is my configuration .swatchrc file..

watchfor /spp_portscan/
bell
echo normal
mail root () linux mty itesm mx,Subject=--- ! Snort
alert! --- Hicieron un Escaneo$exec echo $0 >>
/var/log/messages
throttle 00:30:10

watchfor /EXPLOIT/
bell
echo normal
mail root () linux mty itesm mx,Subject=--- ! Snort
alert! --- Trataron de hackear$exec echo $0 >>
/var/log/messages
throttle 00:02:10

and more..

i wrote,, in the throttle  30 minutes,,
cuz if im not wrong means that is the rule is matched
again will ignore it like 30 minutes...

what to do ..
i had it as 1 min, but was sending alot of mails
also.. in ONE scan with nmap

#nmap -v -sS -O host.com

my best regardsss!!

thanks everybody