Snort mailing list archives

Re: Segmentation Fault

From: Josh.Sakofsky () donovandata com
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:56:00 -0500

if you are running snort ver 2.0.5, this could be a flaw discovered in
mwm.c...
noted on the snort.org page as being fixed in ver 2.0.6 (psLen == 1)

SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Sent by: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net
01/09/2004 09:40 AM

snort-users () lists sourceforge net
cc
sgummadi () sitelite com
Subject
Re: [Snort-users] Segmentation Fault

Whenever I get segmentation faults, I look at the
rules. Linux is funny in that two sensors with the
same rules, one will not like it...etc. Sometimes it's
because of just a plain old bad rule. I usually
troubleshoot by commenting out each rule file. Good
luck.

Cheese!

Marc

Message: 6