Snort mailing list archives

Re: Segmentation Fault

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 00:40:52 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Sudhakar Gummadi wrote:

I am getting a Segmentation Fault error for one of the IDS box which is
plugged to the external side of the network. The IDS boxes on the
internal side work fine. The rules are updated everyday.

Here is the command I am using to run the Snort on a Linux OS.

/usr/local/bin/snort -d -i eth1 -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

Any suggestions really appreciated.

Well...  Without more information, I really can't begin to guess at what
the problem is.

Have you read the BUGS file?  There's some useful information in there
that would help with any troubleshooting.  What version of Snort are you
running on the inside and on the outside?  If they are the same, what's
different about the configs?  What's different about the machine that
fails from the others that don't?

-----
Erek Adams