Snort mailing list archives

Re: Is there any statistic for snort rules false positive alert?

From: "Keith W. McCammon" <keith-list () mccammon org>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:18:21 -0500

False positives are target-dependent. A FP on Network_A may not be a FP on Network_B. Back to the drawing board...

Lin Zhong wrote:
Hi, I wonder whether there is any statistics for the false positive alert created by the current snort rules. And is there any other existing snort rules for the most updated virus, worms or malwares and give more specific alerts? Do you know where I can find more information on it?
Thank you very much.

Lin