Snort mailing list archives

Re: New rules keyword error

From: "Josh Berry" <josh.berry () linknet-solutions com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:28:04 -0500 (CDT)

If you are not consistantly monitoring your IDS health, creating your own
sigs that custom fit your environment, and weeding out the sigs you don't
need then why even have IDS.  IDS is not a solution that you plug in and
walk away from.

I completely agree with the last post, you shouldn't even bother if you
don't plan on maintaining it.  I spend at least 2 hours a day on IDS
analysis and maintenance.