Snort mailing list archives

Re: New rules keyword error

From: Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:31:37 -0400

Once upon a time some companies selling Snort-based products and services built their systems to regularly download all the rules from snort.org (via cvs) and enabled every single rule.

As a follow up to the question below, imagine if a rule that fired on every IP packet made it into CVS but was commented out...

Your ACID systems better be sitting inside an ARK if they intend to survive that flood. :)

I'm sure you folks catch my drift.

- -Jeff