Snort mailing list archives

Re: New rules keyword error

From: "Marc Quibell" <mquibell () fbfs com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:57:15 -0500

Good point John. Recently, that did happen to me, where I got a "flood" of new
alerts. (testing or auto-updating, you still get the flood.) This flood
consisted of 8000 alerts. So I deleted them after filtering them in my
pass.rules. Problem solved. There is no flood I can't handle, I mean when this
Blaster thing came along, I had to delete 300,000 alerts at a time, and these
were not "False alerts"! I've had more problems with good alerts than with bad
ones!  No big deal, Snort still chugs along fine. And I've made sure I can do
mass-deletes with no problems...

Message: 3