Snort mailing list archives

RE: Not Picking up Much WHY "I am pulling outmyhair"

From: "Elijah Savage" <esavage () digitalrage org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:45:44 -0400

It does not seem like snort is logging or generating alerts please see
below what would cause this?

Snort analyzed 1594 out of 1594 packets, dropping 0(0.000%) packets

Breakdown by protocol:                Action Stats:
    TCP: 1403       (88.018%)         ALERTS: 0
    UDP: 98         (6.148%)          LOGGED: 0
   ICMP: 28         (1.757%)          PASSED: 0
    ARP: 4          (0.251%)
  EAPOL: 0          (0.000%)
   IPv6: 0          (0.000%)
    IPX: 0          (0.000%)
  OTHER: 61         (3.827%)
DISCARD: 0          (0.000%)
=======
Wireless Stats:
Breakdown by type:
    Management Packets: 0          (0.000%)
    Control Packets:    0          (0.000%)
    Data Packets:       0          (0.000%)
=======
Fragmentation Stats:
Fragmented IP Packets: 0          (0.000%)
    Fragment Trackers: 0
   Rebuilt IP Packets: 0
   Frag elements used: 0
Discarded(incomplete): 0