Snort mailing list archives

Changing Alert Order

From: Thiago Mello <tmello00 () yahoo com br>
Date: 13 Oct 2003 23:53:13 -0200

Hi,

I've got a very basic rule, what it mean in snort Pass, Alert and Log?

I want to Snort run in the most fast way, and generate the log in the
fastest way too. I already run with -A fast and -b option, but I want to
know if I can optimize with the Alert Order.

Another question, have anyone use the -A unsock method of output?
Im trying to use it for my correlator alert module to get the alerts,
but it is not doing what I want....

Opps, one more...
With this method if the snort alert is faster the with -A fast alert
generation method?

Any help is welcome! :)

Thanks very much in advance.

Thiago Mello