Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort just stop when more 32000 alerts (different IPs) aregenerated

From: "Jerry Shenk" <jshenk () decommunications com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:16:00 -0500

I can tell  you that snort itself doesn't automatically stop when it
hit's 32000 alerts.  I have a network where they got welchia or some
variant and snort didn't stop.  I wouldn't even thing 32000 directories
would be a problem (assuming linux or another unix variant).  This
network would have had that some number of directories.  This particular
snort sensor is running Snort/MySQL/ACID so perhaps we're logging things
a bit differently but it's not a snort issue.