Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: [Snort-users] snort 2.1.0 does not compile on FreeBSD 4.8

From: Jeremy Hewlett <jh () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:47:20 -0500

On Fri, Dec 19, Bamm Visscher wrote:
Okay, had to chance to look at things. From the man page for socket(2):

  SYNOPSIS
       #include <sys/types.h>
       #include <sys/socket.h>

So, if you:

*** ipobj.c.orig        Wed Dec  3 09:22:23 2003
--- ipobj.c     Fri Dec 19 09:40:44 2003

util_net.c has the same problem that ipobj.c does - need to add
sys/types.h

To fix the stdint.h problems, you can try this patch:
http://people.su.se/~andreaso/snort210-stdint.diff  I haven't had a
chance to get to that yet, but if it works, let the rest of the
world know too :)

Works so far for me, still poking at it however.

Thanks for the help! We'll be checking in fixes to the cvs trees
(SNORT_2_1 and CURRENT) later today to address these issues. I'll drop
a note to the lists when that happens.