Snort mailing list archives

RE: Acid access problem!

From: <CGhercoias () TWEC COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:57:36 -0500

Read the manual at
http://www.snort.org/docs/snort-rh7-mysql-ACID-1-5.pdf
It will tell you how to create a username and a password for ACID.

Here is an extract from that manual at page 20:
It assumes that you will use two users : admin for administration
purposes and acidviewer to view alerts, create reports, etc.
***
Now we secure both of the ACID websites with Apache.
Setup the two accounts for accessing the ACID website.
When prompted enter your password for that web account.
Be careful not to include the -c option in the third line!
# mkdir /usr/lib/apache/passwords
# htpasswd -c /usr/lib/apache/passwords/passwords admin
# htpasswd /usr/lib/apache/passwords/passwords acidviewer

Add the following lines to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf in the DIRECTORY
section.
Section means the general area when you see the other Directory formats.

<Directory "/var/www/html/acid">
        AuthType Basic AuthName "yourcompany"
        AuthUserFile /usr/lib/apache/passwords/passwords
        Require user admin
        AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory "/var/www/html/acidviewer">
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "yourcompany"
        AuthUserFile /usr/lib/apache/passwords/passwords
        Require user acidviewer
        AllowOverride None
</Directory>
***