Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Kernel Module

From: "Josh Berry" <josh.berry () netschematics com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:15:58 -0500 (CDT)

Mostly I need the performance improvements this would add.  Where I work
we have some developers, so the cost wouldn't be an issue.  We would like
to run a linux Intrusion Prevention System with
Bridge/Netfilter/Snort-Inline, however, for where we would like to use it,
we are worried that the system would not be able to handle the traffic.  I
been using Bridge/Netfilter/Snort-Inline at home now for some time and
have done some testing, but do not think that it could handle the load we
would need.  If we could get it to perform at a satisfactory level that
would allow us to use an open-source solution rather than pay $20,000 to
$50,000 for a commercial IPS system.