Snort mailing list archives

Help!!!

From: "Brandon Hanks" <hanksbc () knology net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:31:56 -0500

I used Patrick S. Harper's install guide, Snort, Apache, PHP, MySQL, ACID on Redhat 9.0 Installation Guide , without
any problems.  Here is my problem: When I perform a Nessus audit on a machine on my local network, Snort does not log
any intrusion detection activity.  But, when I direct the Nessus audit directly at the box running Snort, the log files
are generated and can be viewed using Acid.  In my snort.conf file, I defined my local network as 192.168.0.0/24, which
covers a small windows environment.  BTW, using Snort 2.0.  The Snort box is located on my local network at
192.168.0.198.  Why does it not register,log, or recognize attacks directed at machines within its local network?  Any
help will be greatly appreciated...Thanks