Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort swapping src and dst in binary log?

From: Tony Lill <ajlill () tardis ajlc waterloo on ca>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:23:26 -0400

I've seen it for quite a while, and it's not just in writing the
binary log files. I usually see http requests stitched into mail
streams. I even submitted a bug report. You'd think you'd see more
concern about a bug that renders all of snort's reports suspect.

I'm guessing that there's a problem with stream re-assembly, perhaps
if you comment out all the pre-processors, and if that's ok, add them
back one at a time.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill () AJLC Waterloo ON CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571