Snort mailing list archives

Re: Classification List and numeric values

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:49:21 -0400

Snort User <snort () frenzy org> writes:

  On a related question this topic, is there a way to get the
numeric values assigned to the classification list in
classification.config?  The exact value I'm looking for is in the
event.h, the struct Event classification unsigned 32bit int.  I've
looked through the code, but there's a lot of it, so i seem to have
missed it.  If there's a file that those values are in, pointing me
in the right direction would be wonderful.

grep 'config classification: ' snort/snort-2.0/etc/classification.config | \
   grep -n config

Yeah, it's kludgy right now.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.