Snort mailing list archives

Re: Anyone using "Enterprise implementation"?

From: Herve Debar <herve.debar () francetelecom com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:39:50 +0200

Emre Bastuz wrote:
Any solution or suggestion? Even links, faq´s and docs I might have missed are
very welcome :)

We are working on an ACID-like php interface, coupled to a postgres database. This should give us the capability to handle multi-million alert databases. This works with both mysql and postgresql through the adodb abstraction layer.

In addition, the tool will come with a set of correlation functions that will automatically archive alerts in a second database once the correlation process feels that they are no longer relevant. These scripts use postgres-specific time functions for the moment, so there is going to be a portability issue here.

BIG CAVEAT: we do not use the standard snortdb schema, but have our own log importer from flat/syslog files. This importer also handles other log formats.

More info will come as soon as the code is available.

Hervé
--
Hervé Debar             <mailto:herve.debar () francetelecom com>
Tel: +33 (0)2 31 75 92 61            GSM: +33 (0)6 74 09 09 66