Snort mailing list archives

RE: Anyone using "Enterprise implementation"?

From: "Hutchinson, Andrew" <andrew.hutchinson () Vanderbilt Edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:11:16 -0500

If you are writing that much information to the db every 8 hours, I think that what you may want to look at is tuning
the ruleset rather than tuning the manegement/viewing console.  Most of the information that is being logged is likely
not classifiable as "EOI" (Event Of Interest).  I would tune your ruleset to eliminate the chaff before trying to tune
the database or the frontend.

Andrew

Andrew Hutchinson - Network Security
Vanderbilt University Medical Center