Snort mailing list archives

Re: PID problem

From: Ralf Spenneberg <lists () spenneberg org>
Date: 22 Aug 2003 17:47:41 +0200

Am Fre, 2003-08-22 um 16.45 schrieb Schmehl, Paul L:
Everything is working fine except for one thing.  When I start up
snort_special, it creates the PID snort_xl0.pid instead of
snort_special_xl0.pid, so it overwrites the pidfile for the "regular"
snort.  As you can imagine, this creates a problem, because now I have
to manually kill the instances and start them in the correct order or
they don't work.
Hi,

snort -h gives the following:
  -R <id>    Include 'id' in snort_intf<id>.pid file name

Cheers,

Ralf
--
Ralf Spenneberg