Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID/mysql/snort install

From: "list" <list () diverdown cc>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:38:23 -0600

This is a database user login issue...it looks like you either don't have
your user set up properly in your database or you are not using the correct
credentials in your acid config...

Hope this helps.

GSR

OK.maybe this has been answered already and I missed it.  If so, please
indulge me as I would really like to get this system up and running.
 I followed the steps according to the HOW-TO at the following link:
http://www.madisonlinux.org/help/snort.shtml.  Except that I'm
setting this up on a RedHat 9 system with all of the newest package
instead of the ones listed.  Basically everything went off without a
hitch EXCEPT the snort RPMs.  I couldn't find them anywhere.  So I
downloaded and installed the newest release (2.0.0) from tarball.
Now obviously there are some options that aren't available because
of the version differences, which I can accept.  However, once
everything is said and done, I get an access denied error when I try
it out.  I've enclosed a screenshot for clarity.  Is this a database
issue?  A snort issue?  A mysql issue?  Can anyone help????

Thanks..

-the dataking