Snort mailing list archives

Re: Sylog-ng _and_ Mysql with Snort 2.0.0

From: Thomas Bechtold <thomas () jpberlin de>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:44:54 +0200

I tested Snort now with the following cmd-line Options
snort -i eth0 -U -o -c /etc/snort/conf/snort.eth0.conf -D

In my snort.eth0.conf file is the following line:
output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT
I comment out the line with mysql, so now i only want to log to syslog-ng now.
I think the Problem is syslog, because mysql without syslog works. Mysql
_and_ syslog or only syslog doesn't work.

Syslog-ng is up and running, but it doesn't log.
Here is my syslog-ng Config-File:
<--------------------------------
source src {
        internal();
        unix-dgram("/dev/log");
}

//For testing log to localhost, later to remote Machine
destination localhost {
              file("/var/log/snortlog.all");
};
//Logging
log {
             source(src); destination(localhost);
};

So anyone has anwers for my question why syslog doesn't work?

Thomas Bechtold