Snort mailing list archives

Sylog-ng _and_ Mysql with Snort 2.0.0

From: Thomas Bechtold <thomas () jpberlin de>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:15:10 +0200

Hi,
I have installed Snort sucessful and I want to log with Mysql _and_ Syslog to
a remote Host.
I start Snort in Chroot-jail and with the Parameter '-s' for Syslog.
/usr/bin/snort -U -o -t /usr/local/snort-2.0.0/ -l
/usr/local/snort-2.0.0/var/log/snort -c /etc/snort/conf/snort.eth0.conf -s

In my snort.eth0.conf are the following lines:
output database: alert, mysql, user=xxx password=xxx dbname=snort_log
host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port=3306 sensor_name=TestsensorETH0 detail=fast

output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT

If i use Mysql _and_ Syslog together, Snort will log nothing.
So if i comment out the Syslog-Line and don't use the Parameter '-s', Snort
will log into Mysql.
If i use only syslog, snort will log nothing, too

Anybody had this problem again?

Thomas Bechtold