Snort mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: Joe Hill <joehill () sympatico ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 11:11:19 -0400

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 19:40:31 +0800
"fjy" <diamondfan () sohu com> wrote:

Hi,
   Redhat 8.0/ Net-snmp 5.0.1/ Snort 1.9.0 and net-snmp was installed
   during installing RH. I tried to install snort from
   snort-snmp-1.9.1-1snort.i386.rpm first and got the message:
error: Failed dependencies:
        libsnmp.so.0 is needed by snort-snmp-1.9.1-1snort

First, do prompt>"locate libsnmp.so.0" to see if it is just in a
non-standard location. If not go to RPMfind.net and look for
libsnmp.so.0, the package you need should show up for redhat. You have
the snmp package, but you may need the libs.

Then I tried to install from the source and run
configure
   --with-snmp and got error:
ERROR: unable to find snmp headers (snmp_parse_args.h in
net-snmp-5.0.x)
  checked in the following places
        /usr/include
        /usr/include/net-snmp