Snort mailing list archives

ASN.1

From: Clayton Mascarenhas <masclaythesnort () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 10:48:59 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,

I have been getting these two errors (a lot of it)

   ASN.1 spec violation, possible overflow errors
   ASN.1 Attack: Datum length > packet length

I have checked the snort mailing list for any info on these... and the only info I have found out is that we should do
away with this preprocessor from the snort.conf file by adding a # to asn_decode. However could someone please tell me
what does that Datum length > packet length mean? I am not clear with this. Like when does this happen? Also what does
it mean by possible overflow errors?? Overflow errors?? I just simply do not want to get rid of this preprocessor.
Thankyou all for your time.