Snort mailing list archives

RE: 802.1q Monitoring

From: "Ron Shuck" <rshuck () Buchanan com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:57:11 -0500

Hi Chris,

I have to make it work for a client, so I will work with you to make
sure I do it in a way that can be used in the general snort code. I am a
C programmer from a previous life, so I may be a little rusty. The
client fully supports open source and has given me permission to submit
any work done as long as it does not compromise the security of their
system.

BTW, can you give me any feedback on the problem I see with changing
rule order causing some alerts not to fire. I posted a while back. I
have had several people tell me they see similar results, but I haven't
seen anything in users or devel lists.

Thanks,

Ron Shuck, CISSP, GCIA, CCSE - Managing Consultant
Buchanan Associates - A Technology Company in the People Business
http://www.buchanan.com
http://www.isc2.org
http://www.giac.org