Snort mailing list archives

Re: 802.1q Monitoring

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 11:20:49 -0400

"Ron Shuck" <rshuck () Buchanan com> writes:

BTW, can you give me any feedback on the problem I see with changing
rule order causing some alerts not to fire. I posted a while back. I
have had several people tell me they see similar results, but I haven't
seen anything in users or devel lists.

Rule ordering is very much under documented in snort 2.0.  Lots of
changes have been done to the current CVS version to get the rule
ordering back.  Do you mind trying that out and seeing where that
fails you?  I see your posts were all about 2.0.0.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.